Parkdale Village Business Improvement Area [BIA]
The Parkdale Village BIA is looking for a full-time Executive Director. The BIA has a staff of 1.5 staff who serve the over 270 members of the BIA on Queen St W between Dufferin and Roncesvalles.
The Executive Director, as the only full-time employee of the BIA, provides administrative support, customer service and general assistance to the BIA. The individual must be a self-starter and possess strong organizational skills to ensure that priorities are assigned to projects and activities.
Reporting to the Board of Management through the BIA Chair [or designate], the BIA Executive Director’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement programs and policies as approved by the Board;
- Financial management and human resource coordination;
- Establish, encourage and maintain positive, constructive and proactive relationships with the BIA members as well as those non-members whose action can impact the BIA; and
- All administrative functions of the BIA.
Duties of the BIA Executive Director include the following:
- Schedule meetings and prepare agendas with Board/Committee Chair;
- Prepare and distribute committee minutes or notes, follow-up on issues as required; Responsible for regular office operations such as filing, folding, stuffing and mailing; Maintain mailing lists [members, media, committee members, etc]; and
- Prepare cheques, invoices and other financial documents.
Provide support for Board and committee meetings;
- Make all required physical arrangements including refreshments, seating etc.;
- Contact all required committee members and other interested parties to attend.
- Prepare, produce and distribute member newsletters;
- Maintenance of social media program;
- Regular communications with existing BIA members via site visits throughout the year;
- Outreach to new BIA members ;
- Liaise with City departments such as: Economic Development Culture and Tourism Department, Works and Emergency Services, Urban Development Services Departments and other departmental staff as appropriate;
- Liaise with members of other BIAs and BIA associations; and
- Liaise with community groups and agencies.
Streetscape and Marketing
- Maintain and develop streetscape programs;
- Support and implement the ongoing street beautification program
- Support and implement the marketing strategy of the Board
- Play a lead role in the promotion and development of a positive image of the Parkdale business community
- University or College Training in Administration or equivalent;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Motivated, organized and ability to concurrently manage projects and initiatives;
- Detail-oriented; and
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft and Word Press]
Deadline for applications is Monday June 25, 2012 at 4:00 pm.
Cover letters and resumes outlining how you meet the requirements of the job to:
Parkdale Village Business Improvement Area
1313 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON. M6K 1L8, or email to