We’re so excited to start sharing details about our 4th annual Spring into Parkdale Sidewalk Festival on Sat May 7th! This season we hope to introduce you to new businesses and re-discover some of the old gems; offering special deals, discounts, gift with purchases, come out & support our thriving business community. Step into places you’ve read about and never had a chance to discover like; Old Trunk Antiques & Contrast Living, Love & Greed and Passion for the Past, Glory of India and Himalayan Kitchen, BAND Gallery, West End Comics and Cadillac Lounge, Mata and Mother India, Parkdale Flea and 4 Your Hair Extensions, The Well, PARC and so many more!
Parkdale has so many incredible community organization’s, artists and crafters, and we’re excited to share the stage with them. Stay tuned for exciting local artisans presenting interactive fun for the whole family and weekly attraction and partner announcements. Plus, this year we hope to bring a few side road closures with added community activities – Stay posted via #springintoparkdale on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
We hope your Parkdale family will join ours on May 7!
Planning has kicked off for the 4th Annual Spring into Parkdale Sidewalk Festival on Sat May 7th from 11am-6pm!!! If you’re a local artist, crafter, performer, musician or busker and want to share your talent with the community, we would love to hear from you. We have a few spots remaining within the ‘FUN’ zones created along Queen Street West for the Spring into Parkdale Sidewalk Festival and you may just be the perfect fit.
Please submit the following details by Friday April 1 via email to [email protected]
- Name of Applicant
- Name of Band/Artist
- Describe your act/medium (abstract dance, kids performer, visual art)
- Short artist bio (140 characters)
- Contact information: contact name, cell, email, and website
- Have you recently shared your performance, crafts, art at an event?
- List any equipment and/or space you would require (table, technical needs, wall for mounting)
View photos from last years event here.
The Commercial Façade Improvement Program provides funding to commercial and private property owners to redesign, renovate or restore commercial or industrial building façades. The eligible improvements include, but are not limited to, brick cleaning, restoration, wheelchair accessibility, doors, signage, windows, lighting and masonry.
The submission deadline is Thursday, May 19, 2016 or when all 2016 funds have been allocated.
What are the benefits?
Improving the appearance of your building’s façade shows that you care about your property. In addition, your neighborhood streetscape is improved. This provides a more welcoming environment to work, shop and live.
How is funding calculated?
Half of the cost of eligible improvements to commercial or industrial building façades is covered and will be based on the lowest contractor estimate submitted with the application. The minimum funding is $2,500 with a maximum of $10,000 for non-corner properties. A corner property is eligible for maximum funding of $12,500.
Who is eligible?
- You must be the property owner or have the permission of the property owner
- Your building must be located in a Business Improvement Area (BIA) that has been in existence for five (5) or more years
- You must not owe outstanding taxes to the City
- You must not start your improvement project before the funding application is approved
- You must have not received the maximum façade improvement funding for your property in previous years.
How do I apply?
- Applicant contacts the City’s BIA Office to determine eligibility
E-mail: [email protected]
- Applicant completes application form
- City reviews the application. Funding review committees are composed of local architects, business owners, historical experts and other community representatives and make recommendations to City Council
- City approves or declines the application
- City issues funding cheques to successful applicants upon completion of the agreed-upon work.