The Parkdale Village Business Improvement Area (BIA) is undergoing Strategic Planning in 2017/ 2018 and we want to hear from YOU!
If your property and/or commercial business/ community organization falls within the BIA boundary (as defined by the City of Toronto) then you could help provide direction for the next 5 years!!
Please take 15 minutes to help us determine our priorities, the 19 question survey can be completed online, or if you wish to complete the survey in person please call or email us to schedule an appointment. (Only 1 Survey per Member, even if you own numerous Properties)
The BIA currently funds, manages and helps facilitate dozens of Streetscape, Marketing, Events & Advocacy initiatives within Parkdale Village along Queen Street West and is seeking additional guidance from members to ensure that we are focusing on initiatives that represent members interests.
The general functions of a traditional BIA are to:
- To oversee the improvement, beautification and maintenance of municipally-owned land, buildings and structures in the area beyond that provided at the expense of the municipality generally
- To promote the area as a business or shopping area
- To maintain business improvement area-initiated streetscaping and capital assets within the business improvement area
- To offer graffiti and poster removal services respecting building facades visible from the street, to all member property owners who provide written consent, upon approval of the program by the general membership of the business improvement area
- To undertake safety and security initiatives within the business improvement area
- To undertake strategic planning necessary to address business improvement area issues
- To advocate on behalf of the interests of the business improvement area
- To support economic development
- To provide services to members as needed
We value feedback toward defining our priorities and identifying where we can add the most value on behalf of members. Members responses will be used to inform the Parkdale Village Business Improvement Area’s Strategic Plan. Members may also receive another survey in 2018 requesting further feedback on priorities and initiatives developed from responses.
Over the next couple of weeks someone from our office may also visit your property to help answer any questions you may have or to complete the survey in person.
Please feel free to reach out to our office with any further inquiries and thank you for helping guide our community into a new chapter!