Members of the Parkdale Village BIA are invited to attend our
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Monday November 9th, 2020 6:30pm
- Call to Order, Introductions and Opening Remarks
- Electronic meeting, recording of the meeting and voting protocols
- Declaration of Conflict of Interest
- Approval of 2019 Annual General Meeting Minutes
- Auditor’s 2019 Report
- Appointment of Auditor (to prepare 2020 Audited Financial Statements)
- Community Updates
- Program Highlights:
- New and Future initiatives
- Proposed Program and Budget for 2021
- New Business
The purpose of this meeting is to approve the BIA’s budget and general program for 2021. This program is paid for by a special levy charged to you as well as other commercial and industrial property owners, and non-residential tenants of such properties. As a member of the BIA, the best way to participate in the decisions your BIA is making on your behalf is to get involved. If you wish to obtain a copy of the complete proposed budget and audited financial statement, please contact the BIA. Notices for the above AGM have been mailed by the City of Toronto to property owners and mailed by the BIA to commercial tenants (businesses).
Due to COVID 19, this year’s AGM will be held virtually. BIA members will be able to attend the meeting via ZOOM by logging online or calling in. Members wishing to attend must pre-register with proof of membership to obtain the login/call in details. Please contact the BIA at 416-536-6918 [email protected] for more information and to pre-register.
Please RSVP/pre-register on or before Wednesday November 4th, 2020.
General Meeting Procedures:
To be eligible to vote, photo identification will be required and:
- For Business Operators: A business card, or other proof of tenancy.
- For Property Owners: A property tax bill or other proof of ownership
Only members of the BIA, and legal representatives of BIA members (proof required), are eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting. The City of Toronto Municipal Code, Chapter 19, states that Business Improvement Area Members are defined as “all persons who own rateable property in a business property class and all persons who are non-residential tenants of rateable property in a business property class in a business improvement area.”
A “person” is defined by Chapter 19 to include “a corporation and the heirs, executors, administrators or other legal representatives of a person to whom the context can apply according to the law.” No person in attendance shall have more than one vote.
Please note: As per the amended City of Toronto Municipal Code Chapter 19, adopted by City Council at its meeting on July 4-7, 2017, designates are no longer eligible to vote on behalf of BIAmembers at annual general meetings. Therefore, a designate form has not been included in your AGM notice package.
Snapshot of 2020 & 2021 Budget:
- Levy to decrease 7.0% in 2021
- 2020 Decrease in Streetscape/Maintenance Expenses resulting from programs being cancelled or postponed due to pandemic
- 2021 Increase in Amenities and Maintenance Expenses resulting from contractor fee increases and catching up to cancelled or postponed programs due to pandemic
- General and Administrative costs include; office rent & equipment, consulting fees, accounting fees, auditing fees, WSIB, salaries, insurance etc (G)
*If you are not sure if you are a BIA member, please contact the BIA office and they will work with you to confirm your voting eligibility.