Tonight marks the kick off of Parkdale Village’s 135th Anniversary Weekend with a local celebration at Porzia Parkdale Restaurant which coincidently opened its doors to locals just 1 year ago this weekend!
Festivities run at over 17 venues throughout the weekend as local shop owners celebrate in their own unique way. It might be chilli, so grab your favourite coffee to go, explore some shops, admire the Victorian architecture & share your Parkdale memories with neighbours and friends.
Participating shops include:
1. Rustic Cosmo Café (1278 Queen W) – Small coffee & cookie $1.35;Jan 25-26
2. Porzia Parkdale (1314 Queen W) – Kick off locals night & snacks; Jan 23 8pm
3. The Well of Alternative Medicine (1344 Queen W) – Free 15 min massage & puppy therapy; Jan 25-26
4. JR’s Natural Health & Bulk (1382 Queen W) – Complimentary tea; Jan 25-26
5. Fixt Point – (1550 Queen W) – 1/2 off for members to the Keith Richards One Woman Show & After party; Jan 25 7:30pm
6. Kitten & the Bear (1574 Queen W) – Scone Sandwich & Tea to-go $5;Jan 25-26
7. Sylvie & Shimmy (1640 Queen W) – Extra 30% off sale merchandise; Jan 25-26
8. Yummy Stuff (1660 Queen W) – Parkdale Anniversary Cookies; Jan 25-26
9. Chartreuse Style (1692 Queen W) – 15-50% off select merchandise; Jan 23-26
10. Fullworth (1371 Queen W) – No tax on housewares, gifts & clothing; Jan 25-26
11. Cambie Design (1535 Queen W) – Win $100 Gift Card in Store; Jan 23-26
12. PARC (1499 Queen W) – Free viral video workshop; Jan 25 1-4pm
13. Boutique Café (1542 Queen W) – 50% off Warm Fleece Leggings; Jan 25-26
Residents and visitors will also be encouraged to learn more about the community by visiting our History page and Facebook page, where historical photos and stories will be shared throughout the month.
Visit us online for daily announcements and share your memories of this wonderful neighbourhood!
Happy 135th Anniversary Parkdale Village! Click here for photos!