It comes as no surprise that tourists; new and returning, foreign and local are eager to explore and dive into our amazing neighbourhood, Parkdale Village in the City of Toronto!
Travellers like yourself have a plethora of options and destinations when choosing the best way to immerse into the area’s arts and culture, experiencing the foodie and nightlife scene and joining the hustle and bustle that is Parkdale, making the decision quite an easy one really. Whereas deciding where to stay for a good night’s sleep is a whole other story.
To experience the village from a locals perspective, there are numerous accommodations available from quaint Bed & Breakfasts, to eclectic Airbnbs and vibrant hotels. Read on for our tried and true spots and new favourites.
In Parkdale Village and the surrounding neighbourhoods, there are over 100 Airbnb locations to make your stay and experience memorable! Find your perfect home away from home, or perhaps a hidden gem. Here is a collection of our personal favourites:
1. The Muse; a stylish & hip artist apartment in a Victorian home steps away from transit and trendy Queen St. W. Has a lush green backyard and fully equipped kitchen. Sleeps 4. Book me.
2. Whimsical and vibrant hideaway apartment perfect for a city escape. Loads of natural sunlight from the skylights and a fully equipped kitchen. Sleeps 10. Book me.
3. Chic designer style suite in a Victorian home. Unique 3D flooring and wall highlights with cable TV and high-speed Wifi. Sleeps 2. Book me.
4. Vibrant, fun and eclectic grand old home. Has an indoor fireplace and large backyard deck. Sleeps 9. Book me.
5. Stylish designer home featured in style at home and design magazines. Has one parking spot and private wooden patio. Sleeps 6. Book me.
6. Modern and spacious open concept home. A short walk to the trendiest shops, restaurants, bars, and coffee shops Parkdale has to offer! Sleeps 12+. Book me
7. Artistic and character-filled open concept loft. Its 1100 sq. ft. is decorated with vintage 1960s appliances and has a projector movie theatre screening room. Sleeps 6. Book me.
8. Green Mansion; a bright and spacious private room in a 3-story home. Has an indoor fireplace and house plants throughout. Sleeps 2. Book me.
The Parkdale Hostellerie
Spirited travellers can find a place to call home at the Parkdale Hostellerie. As a place connecting people and the neighbourhood, the hostel’s 6 modern lifestyle rooms each have their own personalized design and warm communal living space for cooking and mingling. Just 100 metres away is Queen St. W. and some of Parkdale’s finest eateries and vintage shops! (83 Elm Grove Avenue)
Book your next stay here!
BED & BREAKFAST
Parkdale is home to our favourite West End Bed & Breakfasts, a delightful vacation alternative to Toronto hotel chains and modern Airbnbs. Spend a night or two in a beautifully restored historical Victorian mansion and experience Parkdale’s nightlife, vintage shops, cafes and more!
The Elliott House B&B
Built in the 1900’s is The Elliott House, a large Victorian home that has retained much of its original features and furnishings. For over 15 years, the husband and wife team, Jeff and Pauline Cross, have run the Bed & Breakfast alongside their two friendly cats, Minnie and Mama.
The Elliott House is praised by guests on their plentiful and delicious breakfast, warm and welcoming hospitality and proximity to Toronto attractions. Relax in the evening on their backyard porch overlooking the garden, take a stroll on the beach only 6 minutes away or an 8-minute walk to Parkdale’s eclectic antique shops around Triller Avenue. It can’t get better than this! (157 Dowling Avenue)
Start your perfect Toronto vacation here.
The IndexG B&B, is a family operated Bed & Breakfast located on the 2nd floor of a newly renovated art gallery space, hosting guests in an urban and contemporary living space. Built in the 1900’s, the property is without any noted architectural significance, but its interior is finely decorated with a selection of original gallery artwork.
This 4 guest room B&B, serves a complimentary continental breakfast in an open, inspirational environment where you can mingle with other guests and is a 10-min walk to Parkdale’s Tibetan restaurant scene. (50 Gladstone Avenue)
Click here to book now!
Roncesvalles Village B&B
Roncesvalles Village Bed & Breakfast is a cozy, and fully equipped apartment situated in the Roncesvalles neighbourhood and in walking distance of High Park, Lake Ontario, cafes and a 15-min walk to Parkdale’s Glory Hole Doughnuts! Relax in the evenings on their beautifully furnished terrace overlooking a candle lit flower garden and start-up the gas BBQ!
Hosts, Al and Alice, are praised for their scrumptious and filling breakfasts as well as spotlessly clean and comfortable accommodations. (272 Macdonell Avenue)
Like what you hear? Book now.
Don’t feel like Airbnb-ing it? Go the conventional route, and stay at a hotel here in Toronto’s West End. Each offers a unique experience and vibe, different from what you’ll find in the downtown core, all right here in Parkdale’s vicinity.
The historic Gladstone Hotel built in 1889, is Toronto’s oldest continuously operating hotel, with 37 uniquely designed rooms each by a different local artist. During your stay, don’t miss out on local art exhibitions at Northern Contemporary Gallery, Gallery 1313, Elaine Fleck Gallery, General Hardware Contemporary Gallery & Margin of Eras Gallery. (1214 Queen St. W.)
Earning the reputation as the city’s artsiest place to stay, check out:
- Room 305 Teen Queen. A homage to young girls we were, feared, and wished we were.
- Room 403 Surreal Gourmet. A retro food lover’s dream, with a Swiss cheese canopy and marshmallow pillows.
Be pulled into an arts and culture adventure here!
The Drake Hotel
Opening its doors in 2004 after extensive re-hauling, The Drake Hotel is Toronto’s rock and roll hotel and a few quick steps away from over 17 Parkdale Patios!.
Guest rooms range in size and share similar industrial designs that incorporate charcoal hardwood flooring, metals, jewel tones and rich fabrics. Each room is decked out with original artwork, an artisanal mini bar, fluffy robes and bag of popcorn to curve late night hunger! (1150 Queen St. W.)
Experience it all here.
Hotel X, is the place to stay if you are looking for a modern and all-inclusive luxurious stay here in Toronto’s West-End. Boasting amenities such as a 250-seat cinema, 4 indoor tennis courts, dedicated Pilates, spinning and yoga rooms and free transport to Union Station and Billy Bishop Airport, plus more!
Not to mention, Hotel X is pet-friendly, has 9ft. floor to ceiling windows in each room for spectacular views of the Toronto skyline or Lake Ontario and is host to the city’s only 3-level Rooftop SkyBar! (111 Princes’ Boulevard)
What are you waiting for? Book here!