Applications are now being accepted for the 2020 Commercial Facade Improvement Program. This program is available only to businesses within a BIA.
Property owners, or business tenants with the permission of the owner, may receive up to $12,500 to fund the cost of eligible facade improvements. Additional funds of up to $2,500 are available for accessibility improvements to achieve AODA standards.
Eligible improvements include, but are not limited to: brick cleaning, restoration, doors, signage, windows, lighting, and masonry
Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
More information on the program objectives, expenses covered, and eligibility can be found on the program web page.
For more details on the program and eligibility, please call the City of Toronto at 416-392-1005, email: [email protected] or visit The City of Toronto Financial Incentive Program Page. You can also view the 2013 Facade Improvement Program Presentation or call our office and we can assist you with the Grant Application process.
Application Check List
Deadline: Thursday, May 7, 2020 / Subject to funding availability, applications will be accepted until Thursday, May 7, 2020 or until funds are fully expended, whichever comes first. Applications are considered on a first in, first reviewed basis.
Submit Application to: Michael Saunders Economic Partnership Advisor Economic Development & Culture Business Growth Services – BIA Office 77 Elizabeth Street, 2nd Floor Toronto, ON M5G 1P4 Tel: (416) 392-1005 Email: [email protected]
Documents to be submitted with the completed façade application form:
- 2 contractor estimates for proposed façade improvements
High resolutiondigital photograph of the current façade or outside property
- Sketch, marked photo
and / orarchitectural drawing of the proposed façade
- Proof of ownership (copy of the land deed or copy of the latest property tax bill)
- Confirmation of the heritage status of the property (page 8)
- Signed “Declaration of a Non-Discrimination Policy” (page 9)
- Signed “Letter of Application” (page 10)
- If the tenant is applying for the grant, please provide a ‘no-objection’ letter from the property owner, stating the contact person for the file and who is to receive the grant if the application is approved and the work is satisfactorily completed.
NOTE: Please submit the application form to our office with the
No work on the façade should commence prior to written confirmation of the grant.
Incomplete or late submissions will not be reviewed.