Our October Newsletter is out and covers items such as:
- Shop Local – Starting November 28: Don’t miss out, join hundreds of businesses across the City as they Celebrate Shopping Local! We will be launching a Shop Locally campaign in November with print advertising, radio, eblasts , subway & in store Posters! Simultaneously you can upload any Holiday deals to the City of Toronto/Yellow Pages Shop the Neighborhood website.
- Facebook Contest: Win $100 in Free Facebook Advertising Credits when you participate in the Shop The Hood and/or Shop the Neighborhood Campaign in November/ December. How to Enter: Celebrate shopping locally in store by offering a deal, hosting a sale, doing a giveaway, making a holiday window display, hosting a holiday party….anything goes. Share your ideas with us and/or upload them onto the Shop The Neighborhood website. We will promote your campaign online as well as enter you into the draw! A winner will be picked before the New Year! Good Luck!
- Board Vacancy: The Parkdale Village BIA wants you to join the Board of Directors! The BIA is governed by a volunteer Board of Management made up of eleven members serving a four-year term concurrent with the term of Council. The Board works on behalf of its BIA members (the shop owners & property owners), along with an Executive Director & Assistant Coordinator and meets regularly to ensure Marketing and Streetscape Strategies are implemented. Contact us today for details about how to join.
- Merchant Cycling Survey: CycleTO Ward 14 is completing their residents/ visitor surveys and still needs many business owners to cpmplete the Merchant Cycling Survey. Please take a moment to fill out the survey which was emailed to merchants or to take the survey when a volunteer visits your store.
- Thanks for a Great AGM: Thank you to everyone who participated in last nights Annual General Meeting. The approved 2016 Budget and programming will be up on our website shortly. We have three (3) Board vacancies and encourage you to contact us today to find out how you can join. We are also still recruiting Marketing & Streetscape Committee members to help executive strategies in 2016 – join us today!
Pigeon Issues: If your store front is experiencing challenges with Pigeon’s, here are a few resources you may want to review, if you need assistance exploring your options please contact us; Humane Society; Pigeon Control ; Control Products
- Small Business Forum; Join 2,500+ small businesses at the 2015 Small Business Forum to learn more about how your business can survive and thrive in the digital economy. Thursday Oct 15, 9am-4:30pm Metro Toronto Convention Centre Registration is Free!
- Naming the Dufferin Amphitheatre: The Dufferin Amphitheatre needs a name! If you have any ideas about what the parkland should be called, email us or Councilor Gord Perks office today; more details to come!
- Winter Holiday Décor: In the coming weeks you will notice the Summer Florals being removed, followed by a period of time where the planters sit empty, before Winter Florals are installed in November. We ask members to do their part and help keep the planters clean should they see anyone using them as garbage cans.